Monday 4 July 2011

St Bees to Shap Trek - Arrival

I am in St Bees on the west coast of England ready to start a 5 day trek with old friend Al, probably about 65 miles with a few peaks en route. Hope my bad back survives (I am on the Voltarol already and we haven't started).
The sun is shining and it's quite warm (25C). Unfortunately, the forecast is for 4 days of rain. I hope it is either wrong or we have showers not persistent rain. I thought this would be a good way to get some new Lake District photographs, especially big views from the tops.
May have to rethink what gear I carry. No point carrying tripod if little chance of a photo. We have arranged for luggage transfer between each nights lodging so that we carry light day sacs only.
Will check out the local pubs for food and real ale in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment