Friday 24 July 2015

Snowdonia Trek Snowdon in the Rain

A bit of a late start today as breakfast started at 8.30am. That meant we were away at the crack of 9.45am!

Rain right from the start, all day in fact. Al's hip was playing up so we just went up Miner's Track to Snowdon, missing out Lliwedd. Not the greatest day to do more than we needed to anyway.

Probably over 25 years since I last went up Snowdon. The zig-zags are now paved with stone slabs. Whatever happened to the scree? The old concrete bunker cafe has also been replaced by a smart new building with cafe/gift shop.

I took a few shots with the proper camera and a few with the phone for this blog. Not a good day for photos.

I thought I would be able to replenish my Snowdonia portfolio with this trip, looks like I have a few but not the number I hoped for.

In Beddgelert tonight. Well fed and watered! Tomorrow Moel Hebog and Tremadog.

View from Rhydd Ddu Wes

Snowdon View

Snowdon Watkin Path View

Snowdon Reflected in Llyn Llydaw

Lliwedd Reflections


No comments:

Post a Comment