Sunday 31 October 2010

Travel Day to Wellington

After 3 quite strenuous mountain days around Tongariro today was a restful travel day. We travelled south to Wanganui for a few beach shots. Black sand with lots of old tree trunks lying around. Not usually the best subject to take but as the tree wood was all bleached white it was spectacular with everything in true black and white.

From here we thought we would try and make it to Castlepoint lighthouse and distinctive rocky coast on the east coast but time was against us and we went straight to Wellington. Had a nice Indian at Little India before a nightcap of Black Mac at Mac's Brewery. Oh, and I took a few night shots around the shoreline and harbour, including some illuminated trees on the seashore promenade - anyone would think it was Christmas!

Tomorrow I have arranged to drop off all of the film I have taken so far for processing; 99 rolls of Ilford FP4 120. I'm going to use Image Lab here in Wellington, never used them before so hope they do a good job for me. They will ship to their lab in Christchurch for me to collect in a couple of weeks time.

Tomorrow afternoon we take the ferry to the South Island. Hope the wind drops!

Don't know what the hell is wrong with my blog posts, I have to edit them all to get the text to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment