Monday 12 July 2010

Lake District Course Part 2

In case you are confused about the blog entry earlier today saying we are in the Lakes getting ready for a course tomorrow I thought I should make a correction. That was written on Saturday night but the wifi in the b&b only allowed me to receive and not to send; I think the signal was a bit weak in our bedroom. I saved it and it only went live when I published it this morning.

Mark, John and Anna won the 1 day course by entering the competition in Black + White Photography magazine, which I ran in conjunction with Ilford / Harman. The competition is actually a prize draw, so all who enter have the same chance of winning. We had a good day on Sunday in Eskdale. The rivers were in full spate; I've never seen so much water coming over Stanley Ghyll Force. It was a raging torrent. Good for pictures but reduced viewpoints because lots of usual camera positions under water. Rocks at River Esk bridge mostly under water but still some with interesting shapes above water line. Jolly nice lunch at the Brook House Inn then up to Hardknott Pass for some big views in sunshine, then it closed in for a bit so we went to the Roman Fort on the way back to Boot. Good views here but the big peaks were in the clouds. We finished the day with the impressive falls near to Boot Mill. Pictures to follow I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment