Wednesday 20 May 2015

Victoria Day in the Sunshine

Today, Victoria Day, we wandered around the harbour area, watching the tiny water taxis perform their 'water ballet'.

Then on to Victoria's Fisherman's Wharf. The whole area is a floating village of walkways and houses but the paths seemed rock solid even though you knew it wasn't.

Then a stroll along the coast and back through Beacon Hill Park (past the tallest totem pole) to the harbour and a well earned break watching the boats go by. I managed to find an Oatmeal Stout and Jan had Limoncello to go with our shared snack. That was the end of the photos for today, I'd had enough of carrying the camera with 3 lenses, spot meter, largest tripod (I have 2 with me) and odds and ends adding up to over 7kg, all on a shoulder harness. No wonder I have a stiff neck at the moment!

We found a pub for our evening meal. As luck would have it there was another Stout for me to try, to go with my steak and ale pie. Bit fizzy and cold but good once it warmed up (the beer not the pie!).

I finished the day taking the harbour at night on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. These give you an idea of the photos I took last night on my Mamiya 7 proper film camera, although that was a lot later as I didn't finish until almost midnight.

Another day around Victoria tomorrow. Decided not to race around other places when Victoria is so nice. Mixed forecast so keeping fingers crossed that it's good.






Craigdarroch Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment