Sunday 24 February 2013

Old Hall Inn Winter Beer Festival

Jan and I walked over to the Old Hall Inn in Whitehough near Chinley for their winter ale festival on Friday. We met friends Dick and Lawraine from Birch Vale and spent a pleasant few hours catching up on each others news.

Over 80 beers on hand-pump or straight from the barrel. Difficult to know where to start!

I went for the stouts and porters as these are my favourites. Here are the ones I managed to try. Fortunately we walked over Eccles Pike so neither of us had to drive. Happy to report that we returned in the dark and survived!

Titanic Brewery Cappuccino Stout
Titanic Brewery Chocolate and Vanilla Stout
Hopback Brewery Entire Stout
Raw Brewery Dark Peak
Titanic Brewery Last Porter Call
Black Country Ales Pig on the Wall (brown ale)
Tatton Brewery Rock and Maul

They were all good but my least favourite were Last Porter Call (a bit hoppy for me), and Pig on the Wall (a bit bland after so many strong flavoured stouts - I should have started with this!).

I'm a bit late posting this as it ends today, so hurry if you want to go! Web links above if you need help finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment