Friday 7 October 2011

Richmond Craft in Focus Event

We have a stand at the Art and Contemporary Designer Craft Fair run by Craft in Focus at the Queen Charlotte Hall in Richmond on Thames, near London. If you need the sat nav to find it use TW9 2RE. It's open from 10am until 5pm from Friday 7th October (today!), Saturday and Sunday. Jan is running our stand on her own as my back is still a bit painful and I can try and catch up on a few other things at home.

There are a couple of large new prints, 1 metre by 0.5 metre, framed. One is of snow with aspen tree trunks and their shadows, jolly difficult to get to as the snow was deeper than it looked and I didn't bother putting my snowshoes on, big mistake, it was way over my waist. I ended up lying on the surface and crawling into position to take the shot to stop me sinking in as far. The other new large shot is St Paul's Cathedral from the Millennium Footbridge in London at night. I have printed it small before but it looks spectacular at this large size. Both were printed by Ilford Lab Direct from a digital file of the scanned negative as this is larger than I can hand print in my darkroom (I print up to 60 x 50cm).

There are lots of new small prints too from £15 to £270 and some of the posters are reduced to just £10 for this show.

If you can get down there could be a good one. Oh, and nearly forgot, there are another 70 exhibitors there too and lots of parking behind the hall, so no excuses!

Next weekend is the Great Peak District Fair in Buxton Pavilion Gardens. There will be lots there too with over 100 exhibitors. Our stand should be in the usual place near the entrance to the Octagon. The fair is a mixture of art, craft, farmers market and beer festival (so best to come early if you want any sense out of me!); all from the Peak District. Make a note now, Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th October, 10am to 5pm, free entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment