Tuesday 27 April 2010

Buxton Gallery

I walked the 12 miles to and from Buxton today. It was clear as a bell with blue sky and white fluffy clouds and not too warm. Didn't carry my camera as my bad back had been aching recently but it was a good day for photos. Hope this continues into next week for our Lake District course; we go up on Saturday. Now have 3 of the 5 places booked on the course and I'm sure we'll have a good time, can't fail really in Eskdale - the scenery is spectacular.

Heard Snipe piping for the first time this year and then spotted it on top of a fence post across the field from me as I walked to Buxton. Would have stopped and watched for longer but had to reach the Gallery by 9.30am. On the way back saw a family of 5 Kestrels practising their skills around the edge of Combs Moss. Just a few Mallard on the reservoir as I walked over the dam near home, usually see Great Crested Grebes but not today, but it reminded me that I had seen 3 Little Grebes on the Cromford Canal last Wednesday when I went down there to take some photographs of Arkwrights Mill for a commission. Hadn't seen any before in Derbyshire, my last sighting being on the flooded gravel pits around Sandy in Bedfordshire, where we used to live (in Sandy not the gravel pits!), 30-odd years ago.
Time flies when you're enjoying yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment