Thursday 13 August 2009

New Techical Advice on Web Site

I have written some new pages for my web site in the Technical Notes section. The first is on darkroom technique. If you have been on one of my darkroom printing workshops this will provide a few reminders to help you in your own darkroom. The notes are also written so that they can be of use by anyone trying to improve their darkroom skills.

I have also written pages on hill and mountain photography. This covers a lot of the advice covered on my landscape photography courses. It's always difficult to remember everything covered so I hope this is helpful. The advice is both for film and digital camera users and covers lots of the basics of exposure and composition.

As if that wasn't enough I have also added a page on equipment advice. This may help you in selecting a suitable camera, lenses and other equipment.

Hope you find these new pages of use. In the future I will add a page on using digital cameras that will cover the basic camera settings to use, and master if you can. Unfortunately, digital cameras have lots of features that are not needed for landscape photography and just confuse when first trying to get to grips with your new digital camera. They also have a lot of features that make life easy for you once learned so don't despair.
Dave Butcher

2 comments:

  1. Dave,
    I've found the technical notes useful - thanks - particularly about film development - not too far from my own experience.
    I'm getting good results from Neopan Ultrafin Plus just now with FP4, Agfa APX and Delta. Any opinion about that developer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Graeme,
    Pleased you found the technical notes of interest. The second set have been added and a third should go live later today.

    I have no experience of the dev you are using. I have used DDX exclusively for many years now and it's perfect for me.

    I did run testing programmes of other developers with Ilford films while I was working for Ilford but that was way back in the late 80's to mid 90's and I can't remember back that far!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete